infoDiagram > IT Service Management (demo, TBC)
Set of diagrams showing:
- org charts of IT departments
- support model according to ITIL® best practices
- Operations - teams which specialize in operations and support of production systems.
- Service Management - business facing layer of IT department. Roles which ongoingly cooperate with business customers to ensure business-IT alignement.
- Development - organization delivering resources for development of new solutions, e.g. Java programmers, solution architects. Project Managers ususally are placed in development departments.
- Governance - team responsible for ensuring corporate and IT governance are aligned. Furthermore the team is responsible for overall quality of services provided by IT Organization and management of external vendors.
- Incident - an event that distrupts or might distrupt a service.
- Problem - an unknown cause for incidents. E.g. bug in the code, software miss-configuration.
- Level 1 - Service Desk - function in IT Organization responsible for being single point of esclation for incidents and service request.
- Level 2 - support group acting as a 2nd escalation level. The group has overall technical understanding of Service provided for end user. Should be able to resolve up to 90% of incidents
- Level 3 - higly specialized group in technology domain. Resolves uniqe incidents and works on permement solutions to problems
- "The official Introduction to the ITIL® Service Lifecycle", TSO, 2007
- contact: (here)